Board of Directors
Meeting Notices, Board Agendas & Minutes
- August 4, 2020 (Special Meeting) – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- August 17, 2020 (Special Meeting) – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- August 18, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- September 15, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- September 30, 2020 (Special Meeting) – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- October 20, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- November 17, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- December 15, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- January 19, 2021 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- March 16, 2021 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- April 20, 2021 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
Audio Dial In: 1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 852 8732 3152
- August 20, 2019 – Agenda (English / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- September 17, 2019 – Agenda (English / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- September 22, 2019 – Agenda (English / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- October 15, 2019 – Agenda (English / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- November 19, 2019 – Agenda (English / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- December 17, 2019 – Agenda (Engligh / Spanish) – Minutes (English / Spanish)
- January 21, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- February 3, 2020 (Special Meeting) – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- February 18, 2020 – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- March 13, 2020 (Emergency Meeting) – Agenda (English / Spanish)
- March 17. 2020 – Agenda – CANCELLED
- March 19, 2020 – Agenda – (English / Spanish)
- April 21, 2020 – Agenda – (English / Spanish)
- May 13, 2020 – Agenda – (English / Spanish)
- May 19, 2020 – Agenda – (English / Spanish)
- June 16, 2020 – Agenda – (English / Spanish)
- August 21, 2018 – Agenda
- September 15, 2018 (Board Retreat) – Agenda
- September 20, 2018 – Agenda
- October 16, 2018 – Agenda
- November 13, 2018 – Agenda
- December 4, 2018 – Agenda
- December 13, 2018 (Special Meeting) – Agenda
- January 22, 2019 – Agenda
- February 19, 2019 – Agenda
- March 19. 2019 – Agenda
- April 16, 2019 – Agenda
- May 21, 2019 – Agenda
- June 24, 2019 – Agenda
The Board of Directors is the school’s governing body and consists of parents elected by the school community, a teacher representative, and appointed members from outside the school community. The Board is legally required by our school’s non-profit status and is responsible for setting policy for the school, overseeing school governance, and ensuring the financial stability of the school.
In the past two years, we have focused on creating a strategic plan, exploring building expansion possibilities, negotiating labor contracts and changing our enrollment policy to support diversity.
2020-21 Regular Board Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 6:30pm – CANCELLED
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 6:30pm
2020-21 Special Meeting Dates
- Board Retreat – TBD
Meet our board members
Eric Talbert, President | [email protected]
Eric Talbert has over 15 years of nonprofit leadership experience with a focus on global health and he teaches at San Francisco State University in the Nonprofit Management Program. His daughter enjoys attending CACS where she appreciates being in community.
Christopher Punongbayan, Vice President | [email protected]
A second generation Filipino American, Chris moved to California in 2001 and has spent his career working in racial justice organizations in both law and philanthropy. Chris and his partner built their family through adoption. His older son is in 4th grade at CACS and his younger son is in pre-school.
Janina Floyd, Secretary | [email protected]
My name is Janina Floyd and I am a wife and proud mother to 3 beautiful children. I have worked at Sutter Health for the past 15 years managing the registration/ intake department where my dedication has been to helping people and patients. I enjoy serving in my church and my community. I am dedicated to being involved in my children’s education and overall well being.
Justin Amirault, Treasurer | [email protected]
Justin has over 15 year of corporate finance and capital-raising experience. Currently, Justin finances renewable energy projects throughout the United States and is passionate about securing our nation’s renewable energy future. Justin, his wife Becca, 4th-grade daughter, and 1st-grade daughter treasure the love, values, and community of CACS. He has a BA in Economics from Colby College, and an MBA from UC Berkeley.
Alecia Barillas | [email protected]
Alecia Barillas is a San Francisco native, has been a student in the San Francisco Unified School District, and is committed to helping those who are systematically disenfranchised throughout her hometown. As an Analyst, she manages budgets, calendars and all moving parts so that the Our Children Our Families Council can function optimally and best serve the community. Prior to her work as the Council Coordinator, Alecia worked in roles supporting students’ higher education goals and making opportunities more accessible to them. Alecia earned her bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a master’s degree in Public Administration from Golden Gate University.
Melanie Brooks, Development Chair | [email protected]
As Development Chair, Melanie manages all things fundraising at CACS, including the Annual Fund and Annual Gala Auction. Now in her 3rd term as a CACS board member, she previously served for four years as the Fundraising and Auction chair on the board of directors for Laurel Hill Nursery School. Before parenthood brought her to school fundraising, Melanie studied Merchandising at the Louise Salinger Academy of Fashion, and worked in event management and graphic design. In her spare time, Melanie can be found hanging out with her two favorite CACS students (8th and 6th grade), and their dad, and enjoying her favorite things: exploring San Francisco, fantastic food, great music, and cheering on the Giants!
Janice Cavaliere | firstname.lastname@example.org
A design director and partner at a global, award-winning design firm, Janice has passion for problem solving, storytelling and creative strategy. With 20 years of career experience in design (and 6 years of experience as a mom), she believes strongly in the power of creative thinking and the value of the arts in education. Janice has lived in San Francisco for over 20 years and spends as much time as possible outdoors exploring its amazing neighborhoods, running in Golden Gate Park, spending time with friends, enjoying delicious food and dabbling in gardening. Her son is currently a first grader at CACS.
Laura Farley, Staff Representative | [email protected]
Laura holds a BS in Environmental Science from Santa Clara University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction through the Bay Area Teacher Training Institute (BATTI). Before joining CACS, she worked as an Associate Teacher at Katherine Delmar Burke School. Other past work experiences include directing the after school program at Presidio Hill School and teaching as a naturalist for San Joaquin Outdoor School in the Santa Cruz mountains. Laura enjoys designing and implementing creative curriculum that engages multiple learning styles. Outside of school, she enjoys hiking, camping and traveling, as well as spending time with friends and family.
Scot Gensler | [email protected]veartscharter.org
Scot is a highly strategic, technology-driven executive with over 15 years’ experience helping organizations drive the strategy, strategic partnership and M&A investments that unlock value and command industry dominance. He’s been an early employee at numerous high growth ventures, including Current TV, Livefyre, Crackle and StyleSeat and is currently helping Groupon accelerate its long-term ambition to be the comprehensive marketplace for everything local. Scot received an MBA from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and a BA in Economics & History from Rutgers. He’s an avid cyclist, soccer player and aficionado and most importantly, the proud Dad of 3 CACS students.
Manda Mora Simpson | [email protected]
Manda Mora Simpson has over 20 years of experience being the trusted business partner to C-Level Executives with responsibilities in operations, administration and finance. Manda currently works at Sutter Health California Pacific Medical Center as the Senior Executive Associate to the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Leadership Team. Prior to joining CPMC, Manda was the Senior Business Partner to the President and CEO of the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine, California’s Stem Cell Agency. She’s also worked for Executives in the Tech industry and the non-profit sector. Manda is a San Francisco native, married with twin daughters at GHS and a son at CACS.
Kristine Waggener | [email protected]
Kristine is an estate planner who runs her own law firm. She started her career as a corporate lawyer but found her purpose working with families on creating their legacies. Originally from southern California, Kristine enjoys hiking, true crime podcasts, and the San Francisco weather. She has a BA in Sociology from Grinnell College and a JD from Berkeley Law, and her two children attend CACS.