Careers OpportunitiesJoin the Creative Arts Staff community
7th Grade Science and Math Position / Arts Integration Approach
Creative Arts Charter School seeks an experienced and innovative educator to teach middle school science and math and one section of advisory.
Based on the premise that all children are born with innate creative and innovative capacities, CACS seeks to nurture each child and teach them how to use their creativity as a tool in their learning process. To that end, we employ a constructivist philosophy, and emphasize arts-integrated, project based learning activities. Our teachers work collaboratively with one another and provide a cross-curricular approach to teaching and learning.
Science and Math Teacher:
We are looking for an educator that has a solid foundation in mathematics and/or science—preferably with a BS/BA in an associated field. We are especially interested in a teacher who has knowledge of and experience with backwards design curriculum development. We seek an individual who is confident developing engaging and rigorous curriculum that meets the varied needs of students in his/her class, and is aligned with the Common Core Standards. We value a creative approach to teaching and learning while creating a learning environment that is safe, challenging and joyful.
Successful candidates will be persons with the following attributes and skills:
• Strong educational backgrounds from a reputable teacher-training program that emphasizes an inquiry based teaching model and reflective practices
• Science/Math/Technology background
• Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and building inclusive multi-cultural learning communities
• Training in the common core
• Impeccable classroom management and community building skills
• Experience at a diverse, progressive K-8 school
• Demonstrated understanding of unique developmental needs of middle school students
• Demonstrated ability to differentiate
• Create project-based learning activities on real life problems that offer students many modalities for demonstrating their learning
• Ability to work with students from various backgrounds, ELL students and students with disabilities.
• Interest and experience with robotics, engineering and/or technology is highly desired.
• Willing to collaborate with colleagues on arts integration and/or cross-curricular projects.
Middle School Advisor:
The Advisory program serves as the fabric that weaves the various components of the Middle School together. The program offers smaller class-sizes and serves as a home base for news and announcements, personalizes the educational experience, builds strong relationships amongst school constituents and promotes a positive school culture. The sense of belonging and inclusion the program creates, emphasizes that school is a safe place for students to be genuine, and their unique developmental needs are acknowledged and met. Advisors act as student advocates and are liaisons for parent-teacher-student communication. Each advisory integrates Origins Developmental Designs, a continuation of the Responsive Classroom approach specifically designed for middle school students http://www.originsonline.org, and Restorative Circles to reinforce community, bonding and belonging http://www.pacsf.org/files/english/restorativepractices/SFUSD-RP-Planning-Implementation-Guide.pdf. The curriculum is designed to focus on getting to know each student, their family and community, and ultimately prepare them for their transition into high school.
DOE and per union contract.
If you are interested, please submit the documents below to Maria Jenerik at [email protected]
2. Cover letter, including a description of your grade level preference and experience
Creative Arts Charter School seeks a staff that reflects the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We actively support equal opportunity for all people and encourage people of color and LGBT candidates to apply.
Creative Arts Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, or sexual orientation in its hiring practices or administration of its educational policies or school programs.