A half-day workshop for CACS parents, teachers and staff Saturday, September 10th, 2016 9:30am–1:30pm at CACS
How does one start a conversation about race with a child?The most powerful change we can make in our community is on the personal level,by working through our own implicit bias and through what we teach our children about race.
Our day will include:
- What conversations are developmentally appropriate for kids?
- Discussing the problems facing our community and families
- Putting what we’ve learned into practice through role play, conversation,and interactive games
- And more!
Join us as we build our capacity as a community to embrace difference, engage in social justice and forge strong connections among our families.
- Training is for ADULTS ONLY
- NO COST to CACS family members, teachers and staff
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED and will open the first week of school
- Coffee and light snacks will be provided for adults
- Lunch will be provided for kids in childcare
- Sign up for FREE CHILDCARE by Thursday, September 8th in the office or here