Our annual admissions lottery will take place at 11am on March 8th.
Results will be mailed to every applicant on March 17th and families will have 3 weeks to reply to placement offers.
The 2017-18 application is now closed.
Applications and required paperwork are due by 5pm on January 13, 2017. Initial offers will be mailed the second week of March 2017.
Subsequent application period
All applications received after January 13, 2017 will be added to the wait pool for the 2017-18 school year after the lottery is conducted.
Creative Arts Charter School (CACS) is non-sectarian in its programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other operations; does not charge tuition; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Admission is for children whose ages meet the current California Education Code requirements and who reside in California.
All supporting documentation must be mailed directly to the address below or submitted in person to our main office.
Creative Arts Charter School
1601 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94115-4527
Attn: Enrollment Director
If you have any questions, please drop by our office from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. Incomplete or unsigned applications will not be processed.
The following documentation must be submitted with your application. For verification of birth date, one (1) document is required for all applicants.
- Provide a legible copy of your child’s birth certificate, hospital record, passport or baptismal certificate. (If document does not contain the parent/guardian name, additional guardianship verification is required.) For verification of parent/guardian, provide a copy of a picture identification. For verification of address, two (2) documents are required for all applicants.
- Provide legible copies of the following documents. (The parent or guardian’s name and home address must be listed.) Two (2) proofs of home address that include the name and address of the parent/guardian. Any two (2) of the following original documents dated within the last 45 days need to be provided:
- Utility bill from different agencies such as PG&E, water, cable or garbage. No cell phone bills will be accepted.
- Automobile registration and/or auto insurance count as  one proof
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- Property tax statement
- Official letter from a social service/government agency
- Grant deed, Title of property or rental/lease agreement with property owner’s documentation
For verification of special education services, a copy of the most recent IEP or other applicable documentation is requested.
3. A photo ID of a parent or guardian
A random public lottery is held every March at 10 am in the school office. The lottery is overseen by an SFUSD official. Initial offers are made based on lottery number order and student selection priority factors.
The school grants priority in admissions according to the following factors:
- Gender balance: CACS shall maintain a gender balance of 50% (+/-10%) in each classroom.
- Advancement/retention: Enrolled students being considered for grade advancement or retention.
- Children of staff: Children related by blood, marriage, or legal adoption of current full-time staff.
- Siblings: Siblings of offered/enrolled students. Siblings are children related to one or more of the same parents by blood, legal adoption, or legal guardianship.
- San Francisco residents: Admission shall be open to all students in California, with admission preference given to residents of San Francisco.
CACS actively recruits a diverse student population whose families support the school’s mission and educational philosophy. CACS strives to attain a racial and ethnic balance reflective of the city of San Francisco.